Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Days 27/28

Finally arrived to our break destination in Andover, MN (a 30 minute drive outside of the Twin Cities). We made it just in time to catch the World Cup Final and smash tons of pizza and snacks. Naturally, naps and games of cards ensued.

Two days of relaxation and touring of Minneapolis/St. Paul are on the agenda for the group. Hopefully, I will be hooking up with some contacts (courtesy of Dr. Ammerman and Dr. Rodriguez) in the city to discuss Minnesota bike policy and corner store development plans. Additionally, a restocking of some biking/camping supplies is necessary as my mirror is broken (thanks Jonah), my sleeping pad has a "tumor", my camera is out of commission, etc.

Spirits are high as we know we have a couple days off and appear to be a day ahead of schedule. Our clothes and bodies actually lack the smell of BO. My "beard" is as bushy and patchy as ever as I have consented to continue growing it for at least a couple more days at the request of the younger riders. All is well.

I look forward to hopefully meeting up with the fine folks in Minneapolis and posting the results of the meetings over the coming days. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the relative "coolness" in comparison to the sauna like weather my friends and family are enjoying in good ole' North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment