Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Days 6 and 7

It has been a hectic two days as we navigate our way through the final (hopefully) stretches of the Appalachian Mountains. On day 6, I was unable to conduct a corner store assessment as I arrived to town (Ligonier, PA)at 6 PM separated from the group. I spent most of the remaining daylight hours attempting to find a meal and place to sleep. On day 7, I didn't have any better luck as my group got somewhat lost and finally made it to camp around 6 PM again. To make matters even more difficult, our camp was located in a friendly couple's backyard with no town in a couple mile radius.

Cross your fingers that tomorrow we'll arrive before the evening hours in an area conducive for such a study. In the mean time, enjoy the photo below which shows some of the Pennsylvania countryside after a 5 mile, 8% grade climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment